Food and Lifestyle
Expert, Laura McIntosh and chef, Michael Fagnoni of Hawks Restaurant
in Granite Bay, CA prepares a delicious cornish game hen. It’s a
great, easy substitute for chicken that you can make at home!
Grilled Cornish Game
Hen with Walnut Bread Stuffing
4 Each Cornish Game Hen
½ Loaf Sourdough Bread cut into 1" cubes
2 Tbsp. Olive oil
1 Cup Walnuts
1 Each Yellow Onion, small dice
3 Each Ribs of Celery, small dice
1 Cup Chicken Stock
4 Each Sage Leaves, minced
1 Each Garlic Clove, minced
3 Tbsp. Butter
1. Sauté bread cubes until golden brown.
2. Slowly melt butter and cook walnuts, onion, garlic and celery
until tender; without browning.
3. Add bread to vegetables and walnuts
4. Slowly add Chicken stock until moist, but not soggy
5. Add sage and cool.
6. Stuff the Cornish Game Hen; rub with olive oil, salt and black
7. Grill until golden brown and juices run clear when hen is pierced
with small knife. Turn occasionally for about 10-15 minutes.
8. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Bringing It Home
5530 Douglas Blvd.
Granite Bay, CA 95746
rest of Episode 908